SERVING SIZE: 8 oz.
SERVINGS PER RECIPE: 8-10
- 6 Roma Tomatoes, halved and roasted
- 2 16 oz. can Hunt’s, whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 16 oz. can Kidney Beans
- 3 Chipotle Chilies, dried
- 1 Onion, white, medium dice
- 2 Garlic, cloves, mashed
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, medium dice
- ½ Cup Frozen Sweet Corn
- 1 ½ Tsp. Folgers Ground Coffee
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 ½ Tsp. Cayenne Powder
- ½ Bunch Cilantro, fresh and leaves whole
- Garnish Grated Sharp Cheddar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Coat the Roma tomatoes in a little oil and salt and place on a lined sheet tray. Roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until they have some color exposed.
Sweat in a soup pot on medium high heat, onion and garlic. When there is sheen on the onion, add pepper and season with the coffee grounds.
Add your roasted tomatoes and add the rest of your spices to the pot. Let the flavor absorb for 2-3 minutes, then add your canned tomatoes and kidney beans.
Bring this up to a boil and then lower the heat so the chili will be at a continuous simmer. Let this simmer for 1 ½ hours. Taste the chili every half hour to see if the flavor needs to be increased with the spices.
Add your frozen corn then let it sit another ½ hour.
Garnish with shredded cheddar and whole cilantro leaves.