SERVING SIZE: 6 oz.
SERVINGS PER RECIPE 8-10
- 2 each Yellow onions, small dice
- 3 stalks Celery stalks
- 4 each Carrots
- 5 cloves Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Ground beef, 80% lean
- 1 lb Ground pork
- 1/8 tsp. Cloves, ground
- 2 tsp. Cayenne powder
- ¼ tsp. Cinnamon, ground
- 1 tbsp. Fennel, ground
- 1 tbsp. Black pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp. Salt
- 2 each Bay leaves
- 2 (29 oz) cans Tomato sauce\
- ½ cup Whole milk
- 1 lb Rigatoni pasta
- Garnish with shredded parmesan
- In a food processor pulse onions, celery stalks, carrots, and garlic until finely chopped, Set aside in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a large wide rimmed pot on the stove on medium-high. When the oil is very hot (almost smoking) add the ground beef and pork. Break up the meat occasionally.
- Add the chopped vegetables and mix.
- When meat is browned, add all your spices, bay leaves, tomato sauce, and milk. Simmer on medium low for 1 hour.
- Cook pasta and serve with prepared bolognaise sauce.