SERVING SIZE: 4 oz
SERVINGS PER RECIPE: 4
- Israeli couscous- 1 ½ cups
- Sliced Almonds, toasted- 1/3 cup
- Roasted sweet potatoes, small dice- ½ potato
- Onion, small dice- ½ an onion
- Vegetable stock- 2 cups
- Tumeric- ½ tsp.
- Cumin- ½ tsp.
- Garlic, minced- 2 cloves
- Bay leaves- 2 each
- Cinnamon Sticks- 2 each
- Butter, unsalted- ¼ tsp.
- Vegetable oil- 2 Tbsp.
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium low heat. Place the oil, garlic and onion in the pan.
- When the garlic and onion are fully sweated add your couscous. Allow the couscous to toast a little in the pan, approximately 4 minutes. Occasionally stir so the grain does not burn. You want to loom for a golden color on the
- Add the vegetable stock and spices. Bring to a boil and then simmer until liquid is absorbed and couscous is al dente, approximately 7 mins.
- Fold in the butter and toasted almonds and garnish with leaves of mint.
- Remember to remove cinnamon sticks and bay leaves before serving
- Toasted almonds- place on sheet tray and into a 350 degree oven for 6-7 minutes or until lightly toasted