SERVING SIZE: 5 oz. each
SERVINGS PER RECIPE: 4-5 portions
- 1lb Whole Chicken
- 2 each Carrots, random cuts
- 4 stalks Celery, random cuts
- 2 each White onions, peeled and random cuts
- 1 each Lemon, ½ inch slices
- 2 cloves Garlic, mashed
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 Tbsp. Dill Weed, dried
- 1 ½ tsp. Salt, Kosher
- 1 Tbsp. Onion, Powder
Note: I use random cuts because those vegetables will be the bed for the chicken and it doesn’t matter what size or shape they are.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure out black pepper, dill weed, salt, and onion powder and set aside in a small bowl.
- Cut carrots, celery, and onions and place in a baking dish.
- Remove the organ bag inside the chicken and rub the outside of the chicken with the dried spices that was set aside.
- Tie the legs together with twine and place the garlic cloves and lemon slices underneath the skin.
- Place the chicken onto the bed of vegetables and add a small amount of water on the bottom of the baking pan. Place in oven and cook for an hour and 10 minutes. The temperature should reach 160 degrees and then let the chicken rest for 10 minutes and the temperature should read 165 degrees.