SERVING SIZE: 2 each
SERVINGS PER RECIPE: 20
- 1 loaf French Baguette
- 4 each Onions, Julienne
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 9.5 oz jar Kalamata, Olives
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt, Kosher
- 1 bunch Basil, fresh
- 8 oz Brie, cheese
- 1 ½ each Tomato, slice thinly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wrap the garlic in tin foil, make sure there is enough tin foil to hold the oil drippings from the garlic. Roast the garlic for 45 minutes or until the garlic is golden brown.
- While the garlic is roasting, caramelize the julienned onions in a sauté pan on medium low heat. You may use a tablespoon of clarified butter or olive oil.
- Once the onions are caramelized and the garlic is roasted, combine the kalamata olives into a food processor with the onions and garlic cloves. Blend until well combined. I added the teaspoon and a half to the mixture because I felt like it needed it.
- Slice the bread into 20 slices and toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes
- Once the bread is toasted. Spread the olive tapenade on the bread and a slice of Brie cheese on top.
- Garnish with a chiffonade of basil on top.