SERVING SIZE: 1 each
SERVINGS PER RECIPE: 4
- 2 each Ciabbatta rolls
- 3 each Portobello caps
- 2 each Onion, white, julienne
- 2 each Red and green bell peppers
- Hummus Spinach and artichoke hummus
- 4 oz Swiss cheese
- ½ cup Arugula
- ¼ cup Canola oil for peppers and mushrooms
- ¼ tsp. Unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Spread oil on the Portobello caps and pinch of salt. Place caps on a sheet tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cover the peppers in oil and place on gas burner. If you do not have a gas stove then you may use the oven at 450 degrees. The goal is to char the peppers. Once fully charred place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Sit this aside.
- Add butter into a sauté pan. On medium low heat add your julienned onions and cook until the onions are caramelized. This may take about 15- 20 minutes. Every 5 minutes or so stir the onions to achieve even coloring.
- Take the peppers that were set aside and remove the center core and julienne the pepper.
- Once the components are ready to be assembled place 2 ounces of cheese on each set of ciabbatta rolls and melt in the oven.
- Once Swiss cheese has melted, spread hummus on the bread and start to place all components on the roll. Enjoy!