*Skewers for grilling
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tsp Rosemary
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. low-fat mozzarella, cut into cubes (easier alternative: buy 1 pkg mozz balls!)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp balsamic glaze (make your own by heating balsamic vinegar in a pot on the stovetop on low until It thickens)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 Tsp garlic, minced
- Soak skewers in cold water for at least 20 minutes before grilling to prevent burning!
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat.
- Thread chicken and tomatoes onto skewers.
- Brush both sides with olive oil and rosemary; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken kebabs about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked all the way through.
- While the chicken is grilling, prepare the pesto in a food processor. Blend/pulse the basil, parmesan, nuts and garlic several times.
- Add salt and pepper to taste; slowly pour in olive oil and blend.
- Thread one mozzarella ball/cube onto each end of the skewer; drizzle pesto and balsamic glaze over kebabs.
- Serve warm and enjoy!