INGREDIENTS FOR THE DRESSING:
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ heaping teaspoon salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- Ground pepper to taste
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 large broccoli crowns (quickly blanched and chopped when cool)
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- 1 diced medium sized red onion
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa (½ cup dry)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ¼ cup of sunflower or pumpkin seeds
1) Place cashews in a bowl. Cover with water and soak for 2 hours or overnight.
2) Drain cashews. Add to a blender with the rest of the dressing ingredients. Blend until completely smooth and creamy. Add additional water as necessary.
3) Place quinoa, broccoli, grapes, almonds, onion, raisins, smoked paprika and seeds in a large mixing bowl. Add dressing and toss thoroughly to coat. Season as needed. Makes 1 quart.