While most people I know picked apples last month, it’s officially National Apple Month. Chances are if you picked apples, you are still looking for creative ways to use these delights. Kelly’s Choice has you covered! We will be featuring unique recipes using a variety of popular apple choices. Here’s our first one! Give your grill at least one last go before the snow hits with these delicious turkey burgers! Enjoy!
Maple Apple Turkey Burgers
Makes 4 burgers
- 1-pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup finely minced Gala and Granny Smith apple mixture
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix spices, apples and maple syrup into ground turkey.
- Form mixture into 4 burgers.
- Fire up the grill to a medium-high heat.
- Cook on one side for 5-7 minutes.
- Flip and cook on the other side for another 4-5 minutes or if a meat thermometer reads 165.
- Serve with lettuce tomatoes, and onions on a whole grain bun. Sliced apples are a great choice as well!