It’s been almost a month of sticking to your New Year’s Resolutions. How is it going for you all? I’ve had a few clients mention that their sweet tooth is defeating them. The vending machine at work calls their name—they’re on the road and stop for a candy bar or a doughnut because their blood sugar is taking a nose dive. Are you facing the same struggle?
Well, let’s conquer that sweet tooth. Here are three quick snacks that will satiate you and help you thrive!
- Banana or apple with peanut butter or almond butter
Slice a banana or apple and spread two tablespoons of peanut butter or almond butter on them.
- Avocado honey toast
Slice 1/ 2 of avocado and add it to a piece of whole grain toast. Add a dash of sea salt and a small drizzle of honey.
- Yogurt with nuts or seeds and fruit
I like whipping up this quicks snack because I can vary it when ever I want. It never gets boring!
Here are the ingredients:
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup nuts or seeds of choice
- ¼ cup berry of choice, or pomegranate seeds
Some combinations I really enjoy:
- Walnuts and blueberries
- Pistachios and pomegranate seeds
- Pumpkin seeds and raspberries
- Slivered almonds and strawberries
Enjoy these quick and easy snacks and you will be surprised how candy bars no longer have the appeal they once had!