One of the things I totally love about being a dietitian is connecting with other amazing dietitians across the country! Toby Amidor is a dietitian I admire and adore. She has been featured on Dr. Oz and has been quoted by dozens of health, fitness, and nutrition magazines, including: Oxygen Magazine, Dr. Oz The Good Life, Mic.com, Reader’s Digest, Shape.com, Women’s Health, Redbook, Men’s Journal, Huffington Post, Everyday Health, and more. Toby is the author of The Healthy Meal-Prep Cookbook, and the Easy 5-Ingredient Healthy Cookbook: Simple Recipes to make Healthy Eating Delicious.
Here’s one of the recipe’s in the cookbook that I have had the pleasure of trying!
Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad with Chicken
- 1 pound skinless chicken tenders
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, shredded
- ½ cup Lighter Caesar Dressing
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. When the cooking spray is shimmering, add the chicken tenders and cook for 5 minutes on one side, then f lip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the Brussels sprouts and drizzle with the dressing. Toss evenly to coat. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and top with the cooked chicken.
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl whisk together the g1 minced garlic clove, zest and juice, of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon yellow mustard, and ½ teaspoon anchovy paste. Whisking continuously, slowly drizzle 3 tablespoons of olive oil until well combined. Store dressing in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.