- 2 medium beets roasted and sliced
- 2 cups Empire apples thinly sliced
- ½ cup of walnuts
- 4 cups arugula
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place beets, skin on into a large Dutch oven with about an inch of water.
- Roast beets for 35 minutes or when a fork yields to gentle pressure.
- While the beets are roasting, make the dressing by whisking the ingredients or shaking in a mason jar.
- As soon as the beets are cool enough to handle, slip the skins off with gentle pressure from a fork and slice the beets.
- Slice the apples.
- Mix apples and beets in with arugula.
- Add dressing and mix well.
- Toss in walnuts.