SERVING SIZE: 4oz meat, ½ cup rice, 1 cup vegetables
SERVINGS PER RECIPE: 2
- 8 oz Beef Short Ribs, whole
- 2 cloves Garlic, mashed
- 1 tsp. Butter, unsalted
- 4-5 sprigs Thyme, fresh
- 10 each Pearl onions, peeled and whole
- 10 each Baby Portobello, cut in half
- ½ cup Jasmine Rice
- ½ cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 sprig Rue, fresh
- Pinch Salt and Sugar
- Put rice on the stove to start. It is a two to one ratio between water and rice. Once the water comes up to a boil turn the heat down on low and place a cover on top until cooked, about 6 minutes.
- Place the pearl onions in a sauté with salt, sugar, and rue. Fill the sauté pan up with water until it just reaches the top of the pearl onions. Turn the heat on high and let the water boil all the way down until there is no more liquid.
Test the pearl onions to make sure they are tender.
- Place the pearl onions on the side and in the same pan add a little olive oil and on medium heat caramelize the mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms are caramelized deglaze with the vegetable stock and let it reduce until it thickens.
- Combine in a bowl the onions and mushrooms with the deglazed liquid.
- Heat a sauté pan on high heat with a small amount of oil. Sear all sides of the short ribs with the thyme and garlic. Base the meat with the oil inside the pan until the meat as a color on it.
- Turn the heat off and place the teaspoon of butter in the pan. Wait for it to melt half way and continue to base the meat with the butter. Spear the inside of the short ribs until it becomes hot internally. Allow the meat to rest for at least five minutes and cut after.