SERVING SIZE: (1) 2 ounce Biscuit with 2 Tbsp. of Filling
SERVINGS PER RECIPE: Biscuit 8 each (2 ounces)
Filling 7 Servings ( 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cups Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1 tsp. Sugar, granulated
- ¾ tsp. Salt, kosher
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ lb. Strawberries, whole
- ¼ cup Sugar, granulated
- ¼ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Measure all dry ingredients and set aside
- Melt the butter and add to the cold buttermilk, make sure the butter milk is very cold so the butter will harden when mixed together.
- Incorporate the buttermilk mixture and flour mixture together. The mixture is more wet than an average biscuit dough, but you don’t want the dough to be so wet it doesn’t hold its shape when placing it on a sheet tray. If
this happens just add about ½ cup more flour to the mixture.
- Spray a sheet tray and scoop 2 ounces of batter onto tray. Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove stems from the strawberries and coat them in a bowl with the ¼ cup of sugar.
- Add vanilla extract to strawberries and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes or until they release liquid. The strawberries should still have texture to them and not be complete mush.
- Per 2 ounce biscuit use ¼ cup of filling.
*Garnish: Instead of heavy whipped cream, I use one spoonful of vanilla yogurt