(serves 4 if used as a side/serves 2 if used as an entree)
You’ve heard how a plant-based diet is excellent for your health. Lentils are an outstanding source of plant-based protein (nine grams per half-cup serving) and they are loaded with fiber (eight grams per half-cup serving). Lentils are also a great source of B vitamins, iron and magnesium.
Enjoy the benefits of lentils in this quick and easy-to-prepare salad!
- 1 can of black lentils, drained
- ¼ cup chopped, pitted kalamata olives
- ¼ cup chopped jarred sundried tomatoes
- ½ chopped large green bell pepper
- ½ chopped large red, yellow or orange bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons oil from sundried tomato jar
- Crumbled feta cheese to taste (optional)
Mix the above ingredients well and enjoy!