SERVING SIZE: 8 oz.
SERVINGS PER RECIPE: 8-10
- 1 each Onion,Medium diced, ½ inch
- 5 each Carrots, Sliced in Coins
- 5-6 each Small Red potatoes, quartered
- 10 each Baby Portobello mushrooms, ¼ inch slice
- 16 ½ oz Turkey, cooked
- 1 ½ Gallons Turkey Stock
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 each Bay Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Sage, dried
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt, Kosher
- 1 ½ tsp Spice, Pepper, Black, Ground, Fine
Cut vegetables, carrot, onion, and mushrooms, and start to sweat them with a little olive oil in the pot. Once you see shine on the vegetables place your cut potatoes in the pot and pour the turkey stock into the pot. Let the soup come up to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes (can simmer as long as 2-3 hours). Place seasonings in the soup when stock has been added. Taste the soup throughout the process and adjust to your likening. Once the potatoes are close to fork tender place the cooked turkey, left overs from Thanksgiving , into the soup and let it simmer.