SERVING SIZE: 1 cabbage toll
SERVINGS PER RECIPE: 8
- 1 each Green Cabbage, leaves separated
- ½ lb Ground Venison
- 12-13 each Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 each White Onion, diced
- 3 stalks Celery, ¼ inch sliced
- 10 oz Monterey Jack, shredded
- 1 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 ½ Tsp. Caraway Seeds
- 1 bunch Green Scallions, tops sliced
- *You will need a pot of boiling water with a ¼ of salt
- 1 can Tomatoes, crushed
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Tsp. Oregano
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 2 each Bay Leaves
- 16 oz can Red Kidney Beans, rinsed
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat sauté pan on medium high heat and sauté onions and mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms and onions have a golden brown color add venison nd spices. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Fold in your celery once the heat is off.
- Blanch your cabbage leaves in salted boiling water (about 2 minutes). The cabbage leaves should pliable and still should have a crunch. Place in ice cold water to shock the leaves.
- Add 4 oz of filling to each cabbage leaf and roll into a tight cylinder. Place rolls in a deep baking dish.
- Pour tomato sauce and rinsed kidney beans over the rolls and grate cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced scallion tops
- Add all ingredients into a sauce pot let it come up to a boil and then simmer the sauce for about an hour or 2.