SERVING SIZE: ½ cup
SERVINGS PER RECIPE: 4
- 2 Cups Arborio Rice
- 1 each Onion, small dice
- 2 cloves Garlic, Smashed
- 1/ 2 Bunch Green Asparagus, small segments
- 8 each Baby Portobellos, quartered
- 6 each Sun dried Tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 2 ½ cups Vegetable Stock, Swanson
- 3 Tbsp. Yogurt, plain
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup White Wine
- Pinch Salt, Kosher
- In a small rondo pan sweat onion and garlic with a tablespoon of olive oil on medium high heat. Sweat until the onion is translucent but no color on both. Then add the mushrooms , and these mushrooms can have a little color
- Add your Arborio rice into the pan and toast the rice until you hear some squeaking when stirring the rice. While this is toasting blanch your asparagus in boiling water until tender and then shock in a ice bath. Set aside until needed.
- Add your white wine and let it deglaze all the way until there is no more liquid then add a cup of the vegetable stock
and let that reduce. Stir every ten minutes to ensure the bottom is not sticking.
- Pour the remaining stock into the pan and stir. Once the liquid is about gone add your cheese and yogurt and vigorously stir until the risotto is creamy but it should not look like sticky rice.
- Fold in the asparagus and sundried tomatoes before serving.